Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Doc Z's book project progress


Where we're at in the process:
  • We are currently working on a book proposal that we hope to send off to a publisher around spring break.
  • A book proposal for our desired publisher includes:
    • A cover letter telling the publisher about us and our book and how it addresses some need out there in the publishing world.
    • A table of contents with a summaries of each chapter.
    • Two to three sample chapters to give the publisher a sense of our voice and what the book would look like.
Doc Z's role:
  • Two chapters, one about the flexible attendance model and one about student choice (Particularly surrounding teaching literature)
    • draft of chapter about flexible attendance here
    • draft of chapter about student choice here
Students! You can help me! I'd love your feedback on the above chapters. I've given you "comment" access--so comment away. What's confusing? What's interesting? What could I expand upon? Where could I add your ideas-- a thought, a quote from you (in this case, I have a form I need to get you to complete with a parent/guardian signature)? What's missing? How can I make these chapters really compelling to other teachers across the country? 

No comments:

Post a Comment